In today’s accelerated product development environment manufacturers are seriously reexamining current tools, processes, and resources to maximize the value they can derive from these investments. One area that has been frequently overlooked is the processing, reviewing, and sharing of CAE results.
While most have been quick to address product development process inefficiencies through the deployment of digital technologies, such solutions have been vastly underutilized in the creation, interpretation and communication of engineering analysis results that are critical to support rapid design review and decision-making.
Consequently, much time, money, along with the opportunity to innovate is wasted. This article discusses the impact of these pressures on CAE Managers and introduces a new solution.
Consider the fast-paced transformation of the automotive industry to electrification. With lots more electronics, the development of efficient e-Drives, robust EV battery technologies, along with all the required power management software necessary to provide maximum range and safety for the customer. Hence, the complexity of today’s new vehicles has increased exponentially.
New automotive electric vehicle programs are being delivered in 20-24 months as compared to 48 months just a few years ago. And physical testing is being replaced by virtual testing, placing more requirements on CAE teams to test digitally. In short, CAE teams are being asked to perform more studies while delivering results in less time to design stakeholders.
The pressure to deliver falls squarely on the shoulders of CAE Managers who are faced with:
- At times incomplete information is presented during design reviews.
- Accelerated product schedules requiring fast-track analysis reporting.
- Increasing stress on analyst resources to meet accelerated demands for CAE results.
Tasked with meeting these increasing demands within the current state of resources, CAE managers need to identify and deploy more efficient processes that allow their teams to go from large simulation results files to post-processed information that clearly identifies all critical performance aspects of the product.
- Presenting the most critical information in an interactive digital format that can be interrogated “live”.
- Automating low-value, repetitive tasks to increase analysis process speed without sacrificing critical steps.
- Employing technology to increase analyst efficiency while allowing them more time to focus on design decisions that meet objectives.
The Answer: Rapid Results Review
Rapid Results Review is the ability to quickly extract and visualize analysis results from a broad range of multi-physics solvers, skipping the time-consuming manual post-processing process as we know it today and helping companies make faster and more informed design decisions.
Rapid Results Review allows engineers to go directly from analysis to design decision through:
- Smart automation and efficient multi-format graphic displays (Digital Slides) to be used for design review meetings.
- 90% smaller graphical results files which maintain all critical data but can be quickly and easily shared with the engineering teams.
Because of the vast process efficiency it brings, Rapid Results Review is being adapted by automotive OEMs to cut development time.
VCollab has helped more than 100 manufacturers digitally transform their CAE processes and achieve better products by enabling 3D design review, providing comprehensive 3D simulation insights to be shared across teams, locations, and global supply chains.
Contact us here to learn more.