Since 1987 CompMechLab – Computational Mechanics Laboratory of St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University - is a leading Russian team of experts in mechanical engineering, computational mechanics and finite element method.
Having experience in application of science-intensive CAD/CAE software systems LS-DYNA, ANSYS, MSC.Software, ABAQUS, NEiNastran, SolidWorks, Unigraphics NX, PRO/Engineer and CATIA and CAD/CAE Viewing Technology VCollab, CompMechLab provides educational, research, innovation and Global Outsourcing / Outstaffing CAD/FEA/CFD/CAE services for companies working in a wide range of industries:
- Aerospace (Boeing, Airbus, Design Bureau Special Machine Building, AstroSpace Center of Lebedev Physical Institute);
- Automotive (General Motors, Ford Motor, DaimlerChrysler, AM General, Ferrari, Westfalia);
- Metallurgy (Alcoa, Verkhnyaya Salda Metallurgical Production Association – VSMPO-Avisma, SeverStal, TechnoSpecStal Engineering);
- Heavy Industries and Turbomachinery (General Electric Power Systems, Siemens Power Generation, Caterpillar, Strautmann, Power Machines: LMZ, Electrosila, NPO CKTI; Izhorskie zavody, Kirovskii zavod);
- Oil and Gas (General Electric Oil and Gas, Schlumberger, GAZPROM, NefteKhimProekt);
- Nuclear Engineering (RosEnergoAtom, AtomStroyExport, Central Design Bureau for Machine Building, Izhorskie zavody, Nuclear Power Plants of RF, NPO CKTI, Jiangsu Nuclear Power Corporation);
- Marine / Offshore (Krylov Shipbuilding Research Institute, Central Design Bureau for Marine Engineering “Rubin”, Proletarskii zavod, Central Research Institute of Marine Engineering, Central Scientific Research Institute “ElectroPribor”, Central Research Institute “МorPhysPribor”, Central Design Bureau “Corall”);
- Consumer Electronics (LG Electronics, Samsung);
- Medical/Biomechanical (Bard, General Electric Healthcare, Nagata Seiki / Itac) and many others.
CompMechLab is a member of The International Association for the Engineering Analysis Community based on NAFEMS (National Agency for Finite Element Methods and Standards).
CompMechLab is operating within St.Petersburg State Polytechnical University (SPbSPU, founded in 1899), the leading Russian technical university. Nobel Prize winners, physicists P.Kapitsa, N.Semenov, and famous mechanicians A.Krylov, I.Bubnov, S.Timoshenko, B.Galerkin, A.Lurie worked for the benefit of SPbSPU. Nobel Prize winner Zh.Alferov is currently working in SPbSPU.
CompMechLab professional competitive advantage is an extensive scientific background and successful implementation of more then 300 projects for industrial companies for the last 20 years. Professional team of CompMechLab provides full range of mechanical engineering and CAD/FEA/CFD/CAE services, reducing products time to market, increasing reliability and lowering manufacturing cost of industrial objects.
CompMechLab specialists have got certificates and diplomas of the world leading developers of CAD/CAM and CAE systems: ANSYS Inc., Livermore Software Technology Corp. (LSTC), Parametric Technology Corp. (PTC), SolidWorks Corp.
CompMechLab team expertise areas include all types of analysis:
- Static / Dynamic & Modal / Harmonic / Seismic;
- Thermal and Thermo-Structural;
- Non-linear (Visco-Elastic-Plastic, Contact, Large Displacements / Strains / Rotations);
- Impact / Contact (Drop / Shock / Penetration tests simulation);
- Crashworthiness analysis;
- Damage / Fracture and Fatigue;
- Multi-level Analysis of Composite Structures (Homogenization / Heterogenization, Strength and Failure);
- Composites Manufacturing Simulation (Resin Molding and Cure);
- Design and Topological Optimization;
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Fluid-Structure Interaction.